ITEP is currently recruiting future Indigenous teacher candidates to begin Fall 2021 and Fall 2022.
How to Apply?
If you are from a tribal community and are hoping to become a certified Elementary Education professional, please contact Sara Knepper at email@example.com with a copy of your unofficial transcript.
Next cohort begins: August 23, 2021
(Late Application accepted from May 10, 2021 - May 21, 2021. See below requirements)
Currently recruiting for FALL 2021 UArizona transfer application is open. Aim to submit your transfer application by March 1, 2021 (hard deadline July 1, 2021.)
- Must be an enrolled member of a Tribal community.
- Must have AGEC-A or equivalent and prerequisites met and transferred to the UA by August 23, 2021
- Must apply and be admitted to both the ITEP program and the UA by posted deadlines
- ITEP application window opens May 10 -21, 2021 (see below for Required Documents to prepare for fall enrollment)
- UA transfer student application and deadlines UA application deadline, July 1, 2021 (March 1, 2021 recommended)
- Click here to access UA Application Fee Waiver
- UA readmit application and deadlines if you previously attended the UA
ITEP is dedicated to developing critical/justice-oriented, and culturally sustaining educators who promote strength and well-being within Indigenous communities. ITEP teacher candidates will examine their own cultural identities in relation to the making of an Indigenous teacher.
- Arizona Teacher Academy (ATA): Receive loan-for-service aid to cover tuition and Mandatory Fees
- Work in schools serving a high proportion of Indigenous students
- FAFSA opens: Oct. 1, 2020
- Apply for IVP fingerprint card and ask for recommendation forms: Oct – Nov, 2020
- ITEP, Elementary program & College of Education Admission (one app): Feb. 12, 2021
- FAFSA priority deadline: March 1, 2021
- Final FAFSA deadline: June 20, 2021
- UA transfer admission application closes: July 1, 2021*