How to Apply?
ITEP is currently recruiting future Indigenous teacher candidates to begin Fall 2021 and Fall 2022.
If you are from a tribal community and are hoping to become a certified Elementary Education professional, please contact Sara Knepper at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your unofficial transcript.
Next cohort begins: August 23, 2021
(Late Application accepted from May 11, 2020 - May 29, 2020. See below requirements)
Currently recruiting for FALL 2021 UArizona transfer application opens September 2020 & due March 1, 2021
- Must be an enrolled member of a Tribal community.
- Must have AGEC-A or equivalent and prerequisites met and transferred to the UA by August 23, 2021
- Must apply and be admitted to both the ITEP program and the UA by posted deadlines
- ITEP application will be available December 21, 2020 and due February 12, 2021 (see below for Required Documents to prepare for fall enrollment)
- UA transfer student application and deadlines UA application deadline, July 1, 2020 (March 1, 2020 recommended)
- Click here to access UA Application Fee Waiver
- UA readmit application and deadlines if you previously attended the UA
ITEP is dedicated to developing critical/justice-oriented, and culturally sustaining educators who promote strength and well-being within Indigenous communities. ITEP teacher candidates will examine their own cultural identities in relation to the making of an Indigenous teacher.
- Arizona Teacher Academy (ATA): Receive loan-for-service aid to cover tuition and Mandatory Fees
- Work in schools serving a high proportion of Indigenous students
- FAFSA opens: Oct. 1, 2020
- Apply for IVP fingerprint card and ask for recommendation forms: Oct – Nov, 2020
- ITEP, Elementary program & College of Education Admission (one app): Feb. 12, 2021
- FAFSA priority deadline: March 1, 2021
- Final FAFSA deadline: June 20, 2021
- UA transfer admission application closes: July 1, 2021*