How to Apply?
ITEP is currently looking for future teacher candidates to begin Fall 2020.
If you are from a tribal community and are hoping to become a certified Elementary Education professional, please contact Sara Knepper at email@example.com with a copy of your unofficial transcript.
Fall Application Open: Dec. 16, 2019 - Feb. 14, 2020
Program Begins: August 24, 2020
- Must be an enrolled member of a Tribal community.
- Must have AGEC-A or equivalent and prerequisites met and transferred to the UA by: August 24, 2020
- Must apply and be admitted to both the ITEP program and the UA by posted deadlines
- ITEP application is now open (see below for Required Documents to prepare for Spring enrollment)
- UA transfer student application and deadlines UA application deadline, July 1, 2020 (March 1, 2020 recommended)
- Click here to access UA Application Fee Waiver
- UA readmit application and deadlines if you previously attended the UA
ITEP is dedicated to developing critical/justice-oriented, and culturally sustaining educators who promote strength and well-being within Indigenous communities. ITEP teacher candidates will examine their own cultural identities in relation to the making of an Indigenous teacher.
- Receive loan-for-service aid for: tuition, stipend, and technology
- Attend American Indian Language Development Institute (AILDI) Workshops
- Work in schools serving a high proportion of Indigenous students